007.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Mark, are you getting these off EBay? I am thinking of removing all goldfish from my pond and going with Koi only. It is sure hard to find nice ones at fish stores, know what I mean? I dont even want a show quality fish. I really just like the metallic ones, and I have seen some really cool orange and black ones. If they are the Ebay ones, are you happy with the variety they send?
Diesilplower if your buying off ebay your taking a huge risk especially if any are KHV it happened to a good friend here in Plymouth sometimes the sellers are genuine however some just flog the fish to punters and when it comes to comebacks they are gonethen pop up again with a new name IP address etc
In other words your taking a big leap of faith buying from Ebay sellers.
Here in the UK dealers have banded forming an association to eliminate KHV from the trade:-

http://www.pkda.co.uk/

Strangely its only ever been found at two dealerships that we know of :happy:
However if your a fisherman who likes fishing for Carp in the UK you'd find the lakes are rife with KHV blamed on who koi keepers but there has been no evidence of it .
Personally I think its bad practice not disinfecting nets and equipment plus not allowing them time to dry out it has to be that and the movement of large monster carp from Europe to UK lakes that is the cause:(
Some koi dealership do bulk buys you just need to surf the net to find them

Dave

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Diesilplower if your buying off ebay your taking a huge risk especially if any are KHV it happened to a good friend here in Plymouth sometimes the sellers are genuine however some just flog the fish to punters and when it comes to comebacks they are gonethen pop up again with a new name IP address etc
In other words your taking a big leap of faith buying from Ebay sellers.
Here in the UK dealers have banded together to elininate KHV from the trade
I haven't bought any fish off of there. All my fish have come from PetCo. I found a landscaping store about an hour from my house that has some nice fish last week.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
The fish I am selling are NOT from ebay... as i said in one of my first posts on this thread, I have set up an account with a fishery. altho they may sell on ebay. and there are reputable ebay dealers.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
just a few more added to the mix.... feel free to citique. what one person likes isnt necessarily what another likes...nobody likes my camera skills!! lol
002.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know nothing about koi other than they are pretty fish but I am attracted to that light colored one in the top picture w/ the black splotches on it.

Ask a Question