My pond opens for "business"

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
Okay Ponders, Daylight Saving Time (DST) comes around now, and we need to spring forward our clocks 1 hour prior to hitting our sack.

Speaking of DST, for me... DST is Spring (only 9-day-differences). Today my pond opens for "business". I videotaped my fishies and embedded here to share with you guys. Hey, let's see if you guys can match up my 8 koi with their names: GoldieDots, LongLegs, DarkKnight, Platinum, SnowWhite, Pinky, Creamy, and Metallic Tommie.

First Video of my fishies, "Spring" 2011.
[ame]
Oh... the fountain was shut off for a clearer shot of koi, and it gushed forth like jets near the end.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very relaxing watching the pretty fish swim around to the music. Couldn't begin to tell ya who was who :fish:

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
DrDave said:
Do they come when you call them by name?:confused:

Doc, no :lol:. :fish:Fishies :fish: come to Poppa when they see Wardley pellets held at my fingertips.

addy1 said:
Nice fishes!

Addy, thanks for your kind words as always.

j.w said:
Couldn't begin to tell ya who was who :lol: Very relaxing watching the pretty fish swim around to the music.

Jw, you're right...trying to tell who's who... hmmm... may get your a migraine headache :lol:. It seems that you like to enjoy watching pond stuff with the music on the background; I get one more for you (see youtube below).

Today, "Spring" is really here in my necks of the wood, and it's really sunny out:bowdown:. The temperature is 63 degrees. The water temperature in my pond is 56. I adjusted the 4 nozzles skyward to warm the pond water faster.
[ame]

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's cool that you can turn those up or down like that. I think the fish would like to have the music piped in so they can hear it also. Well they say plants like certain kinds of music so why not fish :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are neat nozzles you have going there.

We have been gone (got home around midnight), parent duty again, had some storms here. A piece of liner fell into the pond and was floating around. I finally went down to get it and a hand full of goldies scattered! yeah! second sighting this year.

I might just take a spare piece of the liner, attach lines to 4 corners, smallish piece, attach it to a rock so those lil guys feel safer until they get some size. (around 2 inches) The liner floats beautifully and hardly noticeable.

Pond water 53 our day air temp swinging from 65ish to 40ish

fish-jumping6.gif

Ask a Question