My pond summer 2011

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My water hyacinth root eating culprits, bog and pond. Plants are finally growing nicely and filling out.

Attachments

• P7092137.jpg
    P7092137.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 431
  • P7092193.jpg
    P7092193.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 391
  • P7092141.jpg
    P7092141.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 422
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What I cant figure out is that the black taro plant on the outside of the pond is so much darker (like it's suppose to be) then the one I have inside the pond...the one inside the pond is lighter green and you can see every vein in each leaf...although it's kinda kewl looking.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one in the pond is probably lacking some nutrients, usually lack of iron will make the leaves more yellow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
thanks addy...it's still green and growing and dont know how (or if I'd want to) get it more of what it needs...will be taking it in for the winter months (in like sept) maybe it'll green up when it gets it's roots into some dirt since it's in lava rock in a pot in the water.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put mine in kitty litter clay, in the pond, they have done great, put one in the pea gravel bog, it is doing not as well, but growing, think the clay helps

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The pond is really looking nice, Are yu sure they are the same type of Taro's? The darker one actually looks like a dark stem variety. I have about 6 different kinds so far and I have one that looks like the one in the pond and one that looks like yur darker one and they are for sure two different types.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
nope fishing they are the same plant...significant other works at a greenhouse and brought them home to me...the one in the water just for some reason likes to be a light green...which is kinda kewl and I'm not bothered by it as it's green and growing lol

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's really intresting that it would do that. I have three kinds of taro that I have some in water some in soil on land. There will be slight differences but mostly just size difference.
Wonder if it's a nutrient that one is getting and the other isn't. Pretty neat contrast between the two.

Ask a Question