My pond with floats for shade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was thinking more like a child walking onto a pool cover, or a group of children doing it. Exactly how much weight can it tolerate and remain buoyant?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very cool! And that mosaic plant is on my wish list! I've never seen one to buy locally. May have to order one!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was using a child or group of them as an analogy or to give a visual.

What thickness of tarp are you using?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Analogy for what? Sinking?;)

If a heavy enough frog OR say a few smaller frogs were on it and another one jumped (like some portly bullfrog invader) on it, and it broke the tension, could it trap them? I know this is a concern for pools w/o reinforced covers. Reason I'm asking about the millimeter thickness being used so I can experiment. I have standard blue tarps that are getting kind of ratty and would make good use of repurposing, but don't think they'd support a frog or more than one frog at that thickness. Really like the idea of floaters like these for artificial shade, as it'll probably be middle next year or the year after before my weeping willow near the pond will be high enough to give semi-shade throughout the afternoon.

Ask a Question