My Water Features

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
:):)H
Welcome Bob where in the UK are you from my friend ?
We hail from Plymouth and are founding fathers to the Plymouth and District Koi Keepers Society est 1991 weve been keeping ourselves for 29 years now .
May I say what a beautiful pond and its nice to have another Brit aboard :happy:
What fish do you keep koi or goldfish ?

Dave
Hi Dave,I am from Doncaster in South Yorkshire. I only keep Goldfish (about 70) as the pond at its deepest is only 30" ,it wades it and the idea is to make it look as natural as possible,I tend to let nature take its course so most of the wild flowers have been seeded by birds. I keep adding to the surrounding area,adding a log cabin the other year so it certainly makes you feel that you are on holiday at times,very relaxing:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
A couple of before photos,showing the original garden back in 2004 and the patio area before starting the wall cascade last year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 88974 :):)H

Hi Dave,I am from Doncaster in South Yorkshire. I only keep Goldfish (about 70) as the pond at its deepest is only 30" ,it wades it and the idea is to make it look as natural as possible,I tend to let nature take its course so most of the wild flowers have been seeded by birds. I keep adding to the surrounding area,adding a log cabin the other year so it certainly makes you feel that you are on holiday at times,very relaxing:)
I'm originally from the other side of the border Lancashire Oldham to be exact but left it in the 70's to join the Royal Navy .
I sort of grew to love the slower pace of life in Devon then I met my good lady Val who is my life .
Koi ponds wouldnt be your thing they are deviod of all nature apart from the koi no plants nothing all that is for the garden .
As @sissy says Wow you have been busy :LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Bob,
it looks great. Your waterfall/stream has naturalised well, and looks fantastic.
Good job, well worth the effort.
Chris
Another Brit eh CeeJay one more Union Jack for the forum watch it our American cousins we Brits are taking over :ROFLMAO::LOL::D:):happy:(y)

Dave

Ask a Question