sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But if it is windy and you get evaporation on top of that it could explain the loss .I get a lot of wind here and when it is really really windy I get more loss and rocks also suck up water .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
same here and wind just blows droplets every where .I can see some of the rocks on the new water fall are wet and the are not near the water .When I get a gust of wind I can see the spray of water at times .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My one waterfall drops 4 feet, if it is windy there is some water loss, you can see the spray everywhere. The bog really sucks water, in the hot summer the plants use up a lot. I have the water on a automatic fill system, using a electric sprinkler system. It comes on for 1/2 hour a day during the hottest time of year.

Reaction score
A straight sided container placed by the pond, or best sitting in the pond, filled almost to the top with pond water and you can judge current evaporation rate.

Any dampness at all outside the liner would add up. Dialing back the pump might reduce that issue and allow you to test the falls itself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Alright, I removed some of the great stuff, in order to allow more of the water to go behind the rocks. I figured that this would reduce both evaporation and spray. So far it appears to be working.

Also, picture!

waterfall.jpg

Ask a Question