Natural Swimming Pool in progress

Reaction score
I have a inground and don't think I could live without it out here in Arizona. We stay in it, especially my boys. Looks like a really cool project robm!! I love the idea of a liner party, it's amazing how heavy those things are!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a inground and don't think I could live without it out here in Arizona. We stay in it, especially my boys. Looks like a really cool project robm!! I love the idea of a liner party, it's amazing how heavy those things are!!

Agree I have a nice pool in arizona, used to live in the sucker in the summer. My renters love it!

that epdm is heavy, the ppl I used is not as heavy, but still takes some work to move it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, is it true that PPl is not as flexible as the EPDM. I keep reading it's pretty rigid.

Not really I used it on both of my large ponds, had no real issue with getting it to follow the curves, make folds. I think the statement pretty rigid is not quite correct, now if you installed it on a cold day yep it would be harder to work with .....lol

I can take a piece of it right now and make it do what ever I want it to
If I ever did another pond it would be ppl again, I like the fact it is not slippery, the fact it does not stretch, and it is tough. We used the epdm on the little deck pond, it is darn slippery within 24 hours, I had to readjust the edges as it stretched a few times, it did flop into place, but I fussed with the folds as much as I fussed with the ppl folds.

But in saying that each ponder likes certain items and will always like certain items.........we all have our own opinions.

Reaction score
Not really I used it on both of my large ponds, had no real issue with getting it to follow the curves, make folds. I think the statement pretty rigid is not quite correct, now if you installed it on a cold day yep it would be harder to work with .....lol

I can take a piece of it right now and make it do what ever I want it to
If I ever did another pond it would be ppl again, I like the fact it is not slippery, the fact it does not stretch, and it is tough. We used the epdm on the little deck pond, it is darn slippery within 24 hours, I had to readjust the edges as it stretched a few times, it did flop into place, but I fussed with the folds as much as I fussed with the ppl folds.

But in saying that each ponder likes certain items and will always like certain items.........we all have our own opinions.

Thanks for the clarification!! Like I said before I never heard of PPL until you told me about it, and I love options!! Yes I'm definitely learning that some ponders are very serious about certain items. I guess with me being new to all of this, Im still just picking items to make life easy :lol: ! Thank you again, you have been really helpful!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No problem glad to help. Each pond, each pond set up is slightly different, what works for me may not work for the guy down the street.............

Reaction score
Hi Robm

It's been a long time since your last post and you must be swimming by now. I would really dig to see some more progress photos and info.

GregR

Ask a Question