need help with mag drive pump tubing

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
my previous post was to show they do label their pumps with a flow rate/head chart!
and your wrong ...its funny..i just happen to be sitting here with my powerjet box at hand looking at the flow and head chart...i'll post a picture...
SANY1746.jpg

Reaction score
OP said Laguna PowerJet 1500 which is a different pump. But if it's posted on the box then super...all a person has to do is buy the pump to get the info...or call the company...or search the web more than I did. I should imagine the info is some place. But I wouldn't buy a pump without the info.

Reaction score
I guess the powerjet 1500 has the larger outlet as 1-1/4". I would assume i should go with the biggest size.

Trying to determine if the fountain feature on the powerjet is reliable enough for me to purchase it, or should i just stick with the max-flo, without the fountain feature?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
**maxXx430...my 2150gph POWERJET came with a 1&1/4" and 1&1/2" hose adapter. they fit the quick connectors on the inlet and outlet. they also sell the adapters seperate so you may be able to go up to 1&1/2" both inlet and outlet...
**waterbug...you first said: . quote [The Laguna will lose GPH faster as head increases. At 6' head I'd expect the Laguna to drop off to maybe 500 or 600 GPH, although I can't tell because Laguna doesn't publish that info because it's trying to sell pumps. You might be able to get the info if you call them directly]quote......
**According to the performance charts in the link i posted (post #14) the 1500 gph Laguna puts out more at 6' of head (1135gph) than the 1500gph Pondmaster Magdrive does at just 5'(1100gph)... and thats twice the amount you "guessed" it would be...how can you make a statement like that without being able to see any stats on the pumps?
**Then you said: quote [They may publish it for the PowerJet, someplace. But not on the box, not in the manual, and not on their web site.]quote
yet there it is on my box...if you checked i'l bet you find it on all their pump boxes. you made statements based on nothing. you said you couldnt find the info so... what, you made it up?...

Reaction score
Very sorry koiguy, I went back and looked at your link again...I didn't look close enough the first time. I could just kick myself for this egregious lapse on my part.

you made statements based on nothing. you said you couldnt find the info so... what, you made it up?...
Classy, as always.

I didn't actually think I was testifying to a grand jury. I looked at the box online and saw no charts. Downloaded the user manual for the pump, no chart. I went to the Laguna web site for the pump, no chart. I will certainly try to do much more research on my future posts...as time allows of course. Or perhaps I need to have my lawyers review my posts and insert a few "to the best of my knowledge" type things. Thought that was implied, but I guess not.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
waterbug.. sorry if i offended...but no matter what you were thinking...
just reread your posts, they read as tho your stating fact, not opinion, or maybes. my post mat not have been classy, but it was true. and like most products the front of the box is whats displayed in an add. just because they didnt show all sides, top, and bottom doesnt mean theyre not there. subject closed.. i wont say (post) another word on it

Reaction score
glad we cleared that up :razz: .

so i purchased a 2400 max-flo, turns out my pond came out to be 4000 gallon as appose to 1000 gallon :LOL:. Once you start digging it gets bigger and bigger! i need to return my 1 inch bulkhead fitting for 1 1/2 inch since my pond is bigger than i thought.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that is a big difference but a good one! Neat that you have a nice big one for you fish!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
good job maxx you and your fish will be happy with that nice size pond.

Reaction score
SCORE! :razz: I found a 1” bulkhead fitting laying around.

But….

Would it be adequate for my max-flo 2400 with a 50 gallon bio filter for my 4000 gallon pond? Please say yes…. :neutral:

Reaction score
I once ran a business doing estimates. Husbands would hire me and I'd come over and say whatever it was would be expensive, or it's better the way it is, etc. Good little business.

Ask a Question