Need help with spout/spitter idea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hi all. Got the new pond up and running for nearly 1 week now. Started building my waterfall the other day too... but I have one question on what to do for the water coming out from my filter.

Currently I wedged the hose that is coming out from the filter between some rock and id love to make the end of it like one of those bamboo spout things. Obviously what I have seen online is its own kit with pump but I was looking for something that would clamp onto the end of the hose so that I dont just have a black hose sticking out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to look for a spout (hubby said I should just stick a muffler tip on it lol) that will fit 1 1/4 inch hose to dress it up a bit? It would have to be at least 1 1/4 so it doesnt restrict the out from my filter.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Some types of flooring used to come rolled up on large diameter bamboo polls. It should not be too hard to clamp a hose on the end of the pipe and to the bamboo. Be sure that you drill out the divisions between sections on the bamboo if needed.

If you have a bit of artistic talent you should be able to start with PVC and use some sort of sculpting putty and paint to make it look like bamboo. Or carve it from basewood and run the pipe down the center. A woodworking friend with a lathe could make quick work of that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I 45'ed the spout on my filter to look more like bamboo, and just painted it black, but it's pretty soft and would be easy to make look like bamboo with the right paint

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Im going to home depot in a few hours... I just got a bright idea although I like the suggestion of sculpting and painting my own spout... I made my chameleon a background for his cage last winter. I used sculpting clay and made a Buddha face and used grout over the whole thing then I airbrushed it and coated with a sealant. Non toxic of course.

Back on topic... home depot sells bamboo fencing (the kind that can be used for privacy) I need to get some to hide my filter and power supply... I could take this fencing and wrap around my filter out hose (wrap the inside with scrap liner just incase it wants to dribble down through the bamboo)... at least this way I get to keep a certain theme.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
You can buy bamboo at garden centers, in everything from very thin (for plant supports0 to about 3" or so in diameter. Cut the length you need, and drill out the divisions in the center.
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
How to make faux bamboo from pvc pipe.
(long video, watch fist few minutes and then last few to get the idea)

I was also thinking about wrapping my 3 inch pvc spout with jute twine/rope to hide it....but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Ask a Question