Need pump and filter for 19x19x2" pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just made my pond bigger Would like to buy a pump and filters system together.I need it to be low maintenance.would like soom advice.pond size is 19x19x2" .will have fish in pond.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Looks like around 5,000 gallons. You will need a biofilter rated for 10,000 gallons since you will have fish. Your pump should be rated no less than 7,500 gph. Do you or will you have a skimmer?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Or better yet get 2 pumps and look at energy savings .Have you decided on external or internal pump .And decide on sizes of hoses also .Since you went bigger those may need upgraded also .I used laguna .Now is the time to buy ,sales are great

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have any ideal were I can get one that don't cost a arm and a leg?would like to buy a package

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is if you get an energy hog you loose in the end and those pressurized filters are not very good .Better to build your own

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had 2 of them on my 1000 gallon pond and had to back flush them 2 and 3 times a day and they stunk and then they got clogged up and leaked and almost emptied my pond .I put my filters inside a liner and if they leak it runs back ito the pond .It was a savior a couple of weeks ago when a frog got in 1 of the outlets and plugged it up .Even my sump pump hose runs inside the liner .One less thing to worry about

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Also remember look at the gph for the run of the hose .So many are different .Look at costs for everything and the morev oxygen you have in the pond the better off you are .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think they meant 2 feet .I could never see one 2 inch's unless it is pondless with a bird area

Ask a Question