Filter and Pump Needed

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site and in need of some help! My husband (who passed away) built a pond in our garden, it's approx 6ft by 9ft and 4ft deep, I have no idea how many gallons of water it holds. I now need a new pump and filter as the one I have at the moment needs cleaning weekly and is too much work. All of the brushes and sponges are also getting quite slimey and difficult to clean.
I don't mind spending a bit of money to have a new set that requires less maintenance! Any recommendations? I have no idea where to start.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 218
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have a pressurized filter and I too clean it weekly. I clean my skimmer filters every other day. I'm not sure about filters that you would clean less than weekly, but will let others chime in. I know bog filtration is said to require less maintenance.

Condolences on the loss of your husband.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
build your own filter it is as easy as tote a tank adapter a hole saw for a drill and lava rock .I bought laguna pumps and I have been happy with the energy savings .Crushed oyster shells to keep ph stable .I bought my laguna pumps on ebay

Attachments

• pond  and tank adapter 030.JPG
    pond and tank adapter 030.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 223
  • pond parts 015.JPG
    pond parts 015.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 228
  • pond parts 002.JPG
    pond parts 002.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 261
  • pond parts 019.JPG
    pond parts 019.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 272
Reaction score
there are already fish in the pond. it has been up and running for over five years. i don't think i would be able to build my own filter- i barely know what I am doing with the existing one so was hoping for some suggestions on brands or places to go. I am hoping, if it exists, for something similar which I can clean and maintain myself but which needs cleaning possibly monthly as I work full time and have a three year old. Thank you all.

Would anyone for example recommend this?

http://www.swallowaquatics.co.uk/ponds/pond-filters/filter-boxes/eazy-pod-air-green-18w-uv.html

Ask a Question