Need some help re: Oase diverter Y-DB

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
We just installed this yesterday, thinking we could run water to the bog filter and waterfall at the same time. But try as we will, it seems to only run to one outlet at a time. Is there a trick to operating this? Or did I buy something that doesn't work the way I thought? Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/OASE-Y-Distributor-1-2-Inch/dp/B00I81EBJ4, any help would be much appreciated.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am using that exact diverter with my pump — running both my Skippy and my “turtle bog.” I’ve never had a problem with mine so don’t know what to tell you, except be sure you have the correct parts coming from the pump and going to the other features. I do know that the control knobs on mine can be picky as I have both of mine dialed down to a pretty low flow rate. A teensy turn can get a big result.

Why not uninstall it and look at the fittings to be sure they are patent, and that you are turning them both in the right direction. I know that sounds elementary, but hey, you might have gotten a defective one. Also, maybe try turning the valve handles off and on, off and on a few times — in case they’re just being sticky. There might also be a sweet spot where you have to keep one of them set in order for the other to work.....IDK.

Let me know what you find out!

Oh, and just to clarify.....you did cut the tubing nipples to fit with your tubing, right?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It has 2 valves and should not be a problem .But if the pump is not strong enough or the hose not big enough it can stop 1 or the other .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
I am using that exact diverter with my pump — running both my Skippy and my “turtle bog.” I’ve never had a problem with mine so don’t know what to tell you, except be sure you have the correct parts coming from the pump and going to the other features. I do know that the control knobs on mine can be picky as I have both of mine dialed down to a pretty low flow rate. A teensy turn can get a big result.

Why not uninstall it and look at the fittings to be sure they are patent, and that you are turning them both in the right direction. I know that sounds elementary, but hey, you might have gotten a defective one. Also, maybe try turning the valve handles off and on, off and on a few times — in case they’re just being sticky. There might also be a sweet spot where you have to keep one of them set in order for the other to work.....IDK.

Let me know what you find out!

Oh, and just to clarify.....you did cut the tubing nipples to fit with your tubing, right?
Husband did not cut that so right now it’s the smallest opening. I played wirh the knobs and see that I am getting water to both the waterfall and the bog but it’s low pressure. So he will cut the nipple tonight and if that doesn’t give us more force then we will upgrade the pump from 2k to 5k gph. Thank you!! Very helpful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
if the valves are stuck use vegetable oil to lube it. it is safe for the fish and plants and often used as bar lube for chainsaws cutting ice in lakes etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What size hose does the valve go into as the instructions tell you what to cut it to and what size pump is needed

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
@sissy I didn’t think about the pump’s output! @mtravigne What size pump do you have? But, yeah, get those nipples taken down and see if that helps.
It’s a 2000 gph pump with 1.5 inch tubing. I’m learning as we go. I realized I had buried the electrical cord to the pump under the heavy waterfall rocks which wasn’t smart. So we will take that apart and rebuild it tonight and leave the cord more accessible. I’ll let you know if him cutting the nipple fixes that problem!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It’s a 2000 gph pump with 1.5 inch tubing. I’m learning as we go. I realized I had buried the electrical cord to the pump under the heavy waterfall rocks which wasn’t smart. So we will take that apart and rebuild it tonight and leave the cord more accessible. I’ll let you know if him cutting the nipple fixes that problem!
OK. I’ll be waiting to hear. My pump is (I think) 3600 GPF, and with 1.5” tubing, as well, so you should be good in that regard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well.....that’s the best way to describe them, LOL!

Nah all good I know what you meant and we all do. Even though im 40+ i am a teenager at times. I also figured the rest could get a good middle school chuckle.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Nah all good I know what you meant and we all do. Even though im 40+ i am a teenager at times. I also figured the rest could get a good middle school chuckle.
I’m a retired OB nurse — you don’t have to mention the teenage “mentality,” LOL! Not much I can’t relate to.

Ask a Question