new container pond needs?

Reaction score
What do I need to set up a 150 gallon container pond that I want to have plants and some fish in? I'm a complete newby so I guess I need specifics. Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A small pump and a small filter of some sort .How is you set up going to be .With that size you could make a small plant filter out of a tote with lava rock in the tote All you need is some type a tank adapter and a hose for the pump to run the water from the pump to the filter.You could get a pump with a prefilter to help keep the water clean

Reaction score
A small pump and a small filter of some sort .How is you set up going to be .With that size you could make a small plant filter out of a tote with lava rock in the tote All you need is some type a tank adapter and a hose for the pump to run the water from the pump to the filter.You could get a pump with a prefilter to help keep the water clean
I guess i need to know what brand/kind of filter and pump is best for my needs or how to make a filter.

Reaction score
Well what are your needs? What kind of fish do you want? How many? Will you have space outside the pond for the filter or do you want it in the pond? Do you want a waterfall? A fountain? Will you bury the pond or have it above ground? Do you want high maintenance or low? What's your budget?

Reaction score
Just a few gold fish and a catfish or snails. I'll have plenty of room outside of the tank,which is a 150 gallon stock tank that'll be above ground. The placement will be in a shaded area with dappled sunlight throughout the day. Medium maintenance is doable for me. We do want a small waterfall and the budget is fairly low.

Ask a Question