New guy from Canada

Reaction score
Hey everyone, names Trevor, joined this site looking to soak up as much information as possible from all the knowledgeable people you have here. Live in Manitoba, Canada and have a small pond and a few tanks. Just made a youtube account to show you what I got:
Cichlids
https://www.youtube....h?v=HTdSgxSP8x0
Goldfish
https://www.youtube....h?v=FJ2uPRYtYKg
Pond/Koi/Goldfish
https://www.youtube....-A&feature=plcp

Placed the Fantials and Shubunkins (as you can see in the video) in a 50 gallon tank. Next winter they will go in with the other fish which are in a 160 gallon tub in the garage for winter. Feel free to critique/ask questions!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice looking fish you have there, your ponds looks great too.

animated-welcome-jumping-kid-2.gif
to our group

Reaction score
Welcome Trevor.

Another Canadian, and from Manitoba yet! I hope you find lots of information here. I joined with the hopes of learning about wintering fish in the pond over the winter. My fish are kept in a one hundred gallon rubbermade with under gravel filter in my garage. I have twenty six goldfish varying in size from three inches up to about ten inches or so. I have been ponding for six years now and I am wondering if the possibility exists to winter these guys outside. Colleen from medicine hat has been running her pond all year for twenty years now. I do realize that Alberta's weather is generally warmer than here in Manitoba. I am just taking in as much info as I can to make the best decision for next winter.

Great pictures of your pond. Lots of nice plants! Nice clear water!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomeautumn32.gif
Trevor
Very nice indoor setup and love Cichlids, they are fun to watch.
Pretty goldies and Shubbies too and love your pond and koi!
So you bring all your fish inside for the winter?

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. This pond is me and my moms project. Pond was built probably 12 years ago and we have kept it running ever since. This is the first year we are being serious with wintering the fish. For many years it we would just get rid of the fish because they would get too large for any tanks we would have and had too many fish losses when we tried. So I have done some research and we got a 160 gallon tub that is being placed in the garage. I have all the koi in there (7) and one shubunkin which was too tough to catch so he got to stay in there. The 3 fantails and 2 Shubunkins are going in the aquarium this year but will probably go in the tub next year.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It's Colleen, blame her for the influx of Canucks lol!!!!

Nice set up, welcome!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and colleen is all ears lately . :razz: I would have never guess there are this many ponders in Canada .You people are one hardy group ,if i can say it that way .

Ask a Question