new guy on the block

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Ask all the questions you want. We will just ask for updates and pictures! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Agree with the above. Don't feel like your questions are stupid or useless, they are all great, and we all love helping out. You might/will get different opinions from everyone on some things, but that's the fun of it. Diversity in our goals and situations makes it super fun for all. Keep the questions coming, and you will smile at the answers, I just bet! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
United Kingdom
hi and thanks again, first daft question, in terms of lienr thickness is it measured in imperial or metric?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
hi and thanks again, first daft question, in terms of lienr thickness is it measured in imperial or metric?
Good question -- so see, it's not a daft question! I have no idea and never really thought about it. All I know is "mils," which we just learned in another thread, there are 39 mils per mm......or did I get that backwards....?

@Dave 54 can you answer this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
United Kingdom
so mils is the same as thou
as in thousandths of a inch

thats explains the confusion in my other thread, thanks :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
United Kingdom
well 45mils in metric will be about 1 3/4 inchs thick which is mental so i dont think its metric

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
United Kingdom
dont a bit of research and 'mils' are the same as 'thou' meaning that they are measured imperially

Ask a Question