New here. Hello to all!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Another thing I think is really cool is that every single rock I have is one that I have dug up personally. When operating equipment I dig footings for residential housing. I
Ha! Every one of my rocks are from people like you digging foundations in subdivisions. After work was done for the day I would drive through the new allotments looking for discarded rocks. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
@bagsmom Consider this..... Almost everyone with a pond wishes they'd made it bigger. So, when planning [sorry, can't help with the spousal issue] it's a good idea to plan for "bigger" on the first go-around. IOW, go as big as your space and budget will allow [liner will be the biggest initial expense]. But you can also plan for adding extensions and feeder ponds where all the ponds are connected by streams or waterfalls -- assuming your yard is big enough.

@JoshHemminger We rented a mini-ex when we dug our pond and couldn't have done it without -- a true lifesaver!
I have read that so many times that I've taken it to heart. The property and the budget can't take anything much bigger than what I'm planning. I could do a much smaller one now, but I know what I want: as big as I can get!!!!!! That's just not all that big. If ponds are anything like aquariums, it's also much easier to maintain good water chemistry the larger the it is. Believe me -- I'm going as big as I can dig! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Ha! Every one of my rocks are from people like you digging foundations in subdivisions. After work was done for the day I would drive through the new allotments looking for discarded rocks. :)
We edged our flower beds with rocks from a new subdivision being excavated. We got permission from the developers. In fact, the day I went into labor with my first child, I'd been loading up our mini-truck with a ton of rocks. My husband thought I was nuts. But hey -- I wanted rocks and the baby was late.
And it worked! Went into labor that very night!!!!!

Ask a Question