addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Used to spend our summer vacations on the outer banks camping, very good memories. Hiking the Appalachian trail.
previous hubby had a harley, ported polished chromed, new hubby has a harley. Now new hubby has two...............so he must be a happy man! lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
living near Martinsville speedway is no fun when they have the races can hear the engines at my house .I have 2 Harley's here one belongs to my son one belongs to his wife my son brought them here after the fire with some of the stuff from his shed .I have a view lot of the hills ,but remember a lot of places in VA no high speed internet especially up near Smith Mountain lake and areas .I go to NC a lot and there summers are a lot hotter than ours .Takes me an hour to get to Greensboro .Taxes here cheaper right now taxes on 3 acres is about a 1000 dollars a year .Taxes on house in NJ where around 15 thousand a year .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
friendswelcome.gif
max384
Glad to have ya here :lol:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
sissy said:
living near Martinsville speedway is no fun when they have the races can hear the engines at my house .I have 2 Harley's here one belongs to my son one belongs to his wife my son brought them here after the fire with some of the stuff from his shed .I have a view lot of the hills ,but remember a lot of places in VA no high speed internet especially up near Smith Mountain lake and areas .I go to NC a lot and there summers are a lot hotter than ours .Takes me an hour to get to Greensboro .Taxes here cheaper right now taxes on 3 acres is about a 1000 dollars a year .Taxes on house in NJ where around 15 thousand a year .

Holy smokes! $15k in taxes? The $1K for three acres scared me to death! 2006 Chevy pick-up, 2010 cadillac CTS, 1600sf house and 3/4 acre of land and all my taxes are still less than $100. But I would love to live near the speedway! Oh, and as for the Harley, I doubt that will ever happen, Both my wife and I have had serious injuries related to motorcycles, I had my kneecap removed and almost lost my leg in my accident,(Dirt Bike) and My wife had to have two toes removed and her whole foot reconstructed from a bike accident when she was young, She is going tomorrow to have a surgery to remove another toe and do more reconstruction in the morning and the accident happened over 30 years ago. So I doubt I will get one, but it never hurts to dream about riding the open road on one and just going cruisin.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that 1000dollars is including 3 car carport and studio and a view lot and remember the size of the house 3 decks even 4th deck if you count the 1 on the studio and 100 ft long covered front porch .The studio has running water and electric so could counted as guest house .But kept sq.ft. down to keep it studio 12x20 cannot be counted as guest house here .If you count basement the house is 4880 sq.ft. put in plumbing for 2 bathrooms and a kitchen down there for the future sale of this house ,someone else can do that .Here also belive it or not they tax you on the amount of bathrooms you have and I have 3 1/2 baths 3 bedrooms

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Malak said:
Ouch fishin', no wonder you are into the tranquility of ponding now. lol
Best of luck with the surgery.
OH Malak, Not me this time, I've had four in the last four years on my neck and shoulder, Someone is going to have to shoot me to get me back into a hospital for another surgery! This is for my wife, and it's more cosmetic than anything although they are going to remove a bone in what's left of her big toe because when she wears shoes it rubs big blistes on her foot and the Ins. finally said it was a needed surgery instead of cosmetic because it is causing so much discomfort.

sissy said:
that 1000dollars is including 3 car carport and studio and a view lot and remember the size of the house 3 decks even 4th deck if you count the 1 on the studio and 100 ft long covered front porch .The studio has running water and electric so could counted as guest house .But kept sq.ft. down to keep it studio 12x20 cannot be counted as guest house here .If you count basement the house is 4880 sq.ft. put in plumbing for 2 bathrooms and a kitchen down there for the future sale of this house ,someone else can do that .Here also belive it or not they tax you on the amount of bathrooms you have and I have 3 1/2 baths 3 bedrooms
Still sounds like a lot of taxes to me! I was griping two years ago because we got annexed into the city and had to start paying a whopping $63 for property tax! guess I need to pay it and be happy huh?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
need to come this way malak house here are selling anywhere from 25 thousand up for newer homes I just found a place for friends coming from NJ to retire down here .Well 4 really meet there critieria and they can pick when they get here this week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I pay $2400 per year on a $100k house sitting on a small city lot (like 1/10 acre). I'm jealous of some of your property tax rates!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Malak said:
Yeah, but are there jobs besides cleaning pond muck? lol

Ha! This area is dying. There used to be a lot of coal in this area, but that has long since dried up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep thats for sure and not many jobs here but some best for retiring

Ask a Question