Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hello to all!

Hailing from Pensacola, Florida, I am a life-long gardener and Naturist and an active Water Feature Contractor specializing in aquatic habitats with a focus on water quality with primary interests in the Nitrogen Cycle and Micro-Biology. I have written articles for Pond Trade Magazine and Koi clubs. I own and moderate an international interest group on LinkedIn for those in the Water Feature and related industries. I joined this forum to both learn and share knowledge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Meyer Val and I would love to expand our knowledge dp says your an Expert on such matters , like yourself we have a long term grounding wth koi and are in our 27th year of keeping them however unlike you are not experts in our field and are always willing to learn more because as you know we never stop learning in this hobby
Weve had two articles publish in the now merged koi magazine UK and were nominated back in 2009 into their koi hall of fame by one of their koi experts, who was a former founding member of the Plymouth and District koi keepers society who we are founding fathers too.(interingly we are proud to own one of the books he's co written( Diseases of Carp and other Cyprinid fishes ISBN 0852382529) which is an in depth look into all the deseases that can befall this species and may be one you have, however if not i strongly recomend you get a copy
Our book reviews can be found featured in the AKCA health forum thanx to Spike Cover then its head who asked us to do the reviews after viewing our list of koi/ koi health books in our personal library which is ever expanding see photo:-

photo_1.jpg

Perhaps you could add to our library by suggesting books Authors and ISBN numbers too us for any titles weve yet to come across
On the folding of the Koi Keepers Unleashed website which I was supermoderator, for three years on for its owner Carl Hackman.. we came across the Garden Pond forum
"sadly it folded at the start of the banking crisis", when Carl found him,self stranded in the Dominican Republic and could no longer afford the costs of the running cost of the website.
Amongst its members was Dr K Novak Ichtheologist , Syd Mitchell water expert, Peiter Odendaal SA koi dealer plus more lowly members such as our goodselves and many others, Like you we are here to learn and pass on knowledge

Dave

Last edited:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Meyer, Glad to see you join the group. Always a pleasure to see new members that can bring knowledge to the forum and are also still wanting to learn more. Larkin

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would be happy to post photos if someone would be kind enough to teach me how to post images on this site without using a URL. All my photos on on my computer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
next to the 'post reply' button there is a 'upload a file' button :) you can use that to upload one file at a time but many in one post.

Ask a Question