new person from Scotland

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
A year and a half ago I had my three goldfish breed in an aquarium. We saved 30 eggs thinking we'd be lucky to raise 1 or 2 to keep in the aquarium but we ended up with 27 raised to a couple of inches.

We couldn't keep them all so placed them in an indoor pond in the local council buildings. However we found out recently that they're pumping in untreated tap water in order to top it up and my babies have been dying off. I have since taken all of my fish back and have them in tanks dotted about my flat so I'd like to build a pond to keep them myself.

We've got as far as marking the place but I think I'll need to get more advice before we continue also we need a pickaxe to break up the stoney ground.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forum Crunchie, and good luck with your project. Sorry I can't help with the pickaxe! You do realize this hobby is addictive, don't you?
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and glad you saved some of your fish as some places think water is water and don't realize it is treated .I hope you post pics of your sight .How deep do you plan to go and how big do you want your pond and how do you plan to filter it and what are your average temps get to where you live as that will help us understand what you want to do

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomepups.gif
Crunchie

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you joined Crunchie,
welcomefromgang4.gif

We will love to help you with your pond build!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Welcome to our humble group of pond junkies. 'Ponders Anonymous'...............lol
some answers may dazzle you with brilliance; some may baffle you with bull$h!t ...it's your job to discern between the two..... I wish you luck......lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh gosh whiskey why not scare scare the day lights out of them LOL

Ask a Question