New Platinum Butterfly Koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have a similar butterfly koi, lightly golden.

I have a darker golden one, regular, (not butterfly) with dark scales that is one of my favorites.

I also have an iridescent pure white one with nice butterfly fins.

It's so hard to take pictures. They usually come all washed out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a similar butterfly koi, lightly golden.

I have a darker golden one, regular, (not butterfly) with dark scales that is one of my favorites.

I also have an iridescent pure white one with nice butterfly fins.

It's so hard to take pictures. They usually come all washed out.
PJ; did I hint at the secret? Place your POLARIZED sunglasses in front of your lens (phone cam, I'm assuming) and take the pic through that. The glare will go away. Also, sun at your back, cloudy day pics come out better; watch your backgrounds before you snap! Too, if you have ANY software for pics, you can usually adjust to increase the contrast and pull the colors out a bit. When I do this, some glare goes away because you're pushing the 'dark to light' level scale to it's max and by doing this, the water loses that bit of 'brightness' to become dark.

But the polarized glasses work faster and more often, better. I have two lenses with polarizers now; one for the telephoto and one for my wide angle. I don't have cell phone so use my 'real' camera to good effect.

Btw, how's it coming with some current pics of the fish????

Ask a Question