Platinum koi MIA

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well as a few of you know I just added 2 Koi. One of which was my long awaited for platinum koi. My personal favorite of all butterfly koi. Well the other koi is doing great, the little guy fights for his food :) size does not matter to this guy. However the platinum is nowhere to be seen. I have looked everywhere and multiple times during the day/night hours. Possible victim of a frog or snake I recently seen. I have not seen a body at all. I am hoping it is still hiding but I highly doubt it. Let's hope I am wrong.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, I'm hoping you're wrong, as well! Maybe he's just shy! How big is he and when was the last time you saw him?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh no....he was so beautiful! I too hope he turns up and is hiding out. Was he visible on a regular basis, prior to not seeing him? I hope a predator didn't get him:(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh no....he was so beautiful! I too hope he turns up and is hiding out. Was he visible on a regular basis, prior to not seeing him? I hope a predator didn't get him:(
He was the more nervous one out of the 2 but all the other fish seem very normal. No one is nervous at all. We will have to wait and see.

Reaction score
I too just went through a panic like this. BUT mine turned up a day later. I found out they like hide under some rocks, for whatever reason, they did not join the pack. Fingers crossed yours is the same. I know you waited so long for this new guy. Keep us updated.

Reaction score
I have one koi that is so shy that I've only seen him once in the last 6 months. I actually forgot he was in the pond until today when I was filming a bit he came out. I was like..."hmmm I thought I only had 8 fish...but I'm counting 9." lol

I hope yours is just shy too!!

Reaction score
Its a similar one, same shiny scales, but wayyy more yellow than the original guy. On the plus side, the one I bought has a very nice tail, its a little torn up on the ends, but if it ever grows back, it will be super nice.

Did yours show up yet?

My 'imposter' (haha) didn't come out tonight at feeding time. But the yellow one seems to be warming up to the gang.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Has your fish shown up yet? Was thinking of this situation earlier today and am hoping it's some out of hiding.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well Priscilla it sounds like you still ended up with a good one :)

Sorry to report no good news yet. I even used my underwater camera to see if I could find him yesterday. But no luck. I think something may have got the little koi. There is still a chance it will show up but very slim IMO :(

Ask a Question