water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great! Very nice and organized!

I use seed mixes that are for birds, bees, pollinators, butterflies, etc. oh and beneficial bugs. No where as organized as yours. The deer and ground hogs get to munch, but there are so many plants I don't even notice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
My back is sore from looking at the pictures - LOL ! What a neat idea and I never knew about that forum :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! Hubbys not happy about how many plants I have purchased but I did get a lot at a discount. I also have several trays of milkweed and other seedlings to fill in. Don't want to have to weed 14 flowerbeds!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Great job!
I hope you'll post pics when the butterflies arrive
smbutterfly.gif

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you build it , they will come! I'm starting to wonder about that. Lots of blooms but no butterflies! Is anyone else seeing a lack of our winged friends? When we had our hot spell this spring, there were lots of butterflies. Then it got cold and wet, now nothing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very strange, you have all those blooms and no butterflies. I have never seen so many of them here as this year and I don't have a ton of blooms. I see them all over the neighborhoods here while riding my bike. Have had to swerve so many times to avoid running into them. Mostly the yellow/black swallow tails but have seen a few other colors too. We have not had our regular rainy days here tho and maybe that's why. Have had lots of nice warm sunny days and more to come so this year I really enjoy seeing them all.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My camera lens keeps fogging up from the humidity! I will admit, the butterfly garden has been neglected and is overrun with weeds but most of the plants are thriving and taking over as well. I do seem to have an aphid problem on the milkweeds.
004.JPG

Ask a Question