new pond

Reaction score
hi new to all this so hi
looking for some advice i have a small out door pond shaped like a 50 p piece 8" deep here in scotland getting very cold spoke to a friend working in a butchers shop he has a food grade plastic tub 1.2mtx1.0mtx06mt looking at insulating this then wood panel will look good got most fittings as work with swimming pools so ready to go ahead the thing on my mind is it had bloob in it when i got it jet washed it salt rub and soaked it 24hrs in salt is this enough or do i need to bleach it ? any help would be appreciated as new to fish keeping and lost a couple so far and dont like it think i am taking it all to far but they are a live pet

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are going to take the plastic tub and replace your outdoor pond with it? Or making an over winter indoor pond?

Since it is plastic the cleaning you have done most likely is enough. If you bleach it you will have to make sure to rinse very well and use some dechlor to make sure you don't have left over chlorine in it.

Are you going to keep the pond above ground? or dig it in, if it is for outdoors. Sounds like you want to insulate it, then put wood panels around it.

In the ground will help keep the temperature more stable.

And welcome to the group!

Ask a Question