• Has been pregnant for a while.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What should I do?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United States
My husband and I have always like fish, we decided to go bigger changing from fish tank to a pond. He personally build our pond, it's about 1400 gallons. He have kept it running for about 8-9 years now. He have koi and goldfish although one of our goldfish has been pregnant for a while, maybe since summer or 2015 and were not sure what to do. Any suggestions, I touched her tummy and it feels soft . I don't show any of the males after her or anything. She does not seem like she's sick.. Here is an image of her. Please if anyone can respond on what should be done it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Lourdes

Attachments

• IMG_9330.JPG
    IMG_9330.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,094

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like an eggbound goldfish to me. I've never experienced that but there is quite a bit of info on the net.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks to be too large to be an eggbound goldfish Smaug
I'll explain my reasons to you for thinking this to you .........
I've a feeling what we are looking at here is either a goldfish with a tumor or it perhaps has problems with water retention, i:e dropsy [note:- fish that have dropsy dont always have to develope what we term pineconing to suffer from dropsy]
Lastly it may well be poor diet Matt a good koi friend of mine called me out to a koi that looked exactly like this fish belly, the japanese call it broken belly. When the koi unexpectedly went belly up and died I autopsied it for him and the findings where that the koi's belly was thick with yellow fat which had built up eventually bursting the koi's swimbladderthis was down to the deceased owners wife feeding him the wrong food.
@Lourdes could you give me an idea as to how old your goldfish is, next exactly what diet your feeding your goldfish, how much what with and how often please.

Dave

Ask a Question