upload_2018-5-4_16-25-0.gif
:LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'm with @j.w on this one. If I had that much yard I would be digging a BIG pond in no time! ;)

The pump and filter recommendations will all depend on how many gallons your pond is. Do you have measurements so you or we could estimate a size for you? If it's on the smaller side (~300 gallons or less) you could do an all in one filter and fountain kit like this one.. https://www.amazon.com/CNZ-Filter-S...=8-1&keywords=pond+fountain+filter+all+in+one

If it's larger you may want to get a pump and pre-filter separate and possibly add a spillway or bio-falls in the back where that pole is sticking out? Just throwing some ideas out there but again A LOT depends on how many gallons your pond is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ok. Sorry for the delay in measurements. It's 4ft on the back side and the other side is 4.5 feet roughly not including the corner part. It's about a foot and a quarter deep

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
you have a lot of options. Are you looking for a waterfall? Since there's room around the pond. I'd consider an oasis style to attract people to the pond. Put in some seating so you can read, listen to music, watch a game by the pond. The more the pond draws you to it, will ensure better regular maintenance and monitoring. That's why many suggest a pond near the house and not too far back in the lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Mostly looking for getting the right filter and pumps going. As with the temp increase the water is starting to go green. I was considering a water fall and would. Love seating. I have planted some wild cucumber plants around the pond this year to grow on the rocks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Based on the measurements you provided it looks like it's approximately 150 gallons (maybe a little more?) It depends on what you're going for as far as do you want a waterfall look or a fountain look?? Assuming we're right about the size I would get a pump that can do 300-400 gallons per hour.

Ask a Question