New to the Forum not to Ponding

Reaction score
I have two ponds. A 15'x20'x3' with a 2'x6'x12" stream connecting a 14'x16'x2.5' pond. I live in zone 5 so time is limited for pond enjoyment.:cold: I have had the smaller pond for 8 years & when redesigning it I added the larger pond for lillies. I am always learning new things about gardening & ponding.
This year I am starting over (sort of). Only one of my fish made it through this winter.:grumble: There were 2 koi, 5 fancy gold fish and an unknown number of mutts, about 30 fish total. I don't know what happened, well I think I do, but none the less, I am missing my water friends. I will get more fish, just don"t know when .
I enjoy the forum & knowing that there are other humans just as crazy about ponds as I am.:icon_smile:

Reaction score
Sorry, should have said. I am in Ohio. Seems the weather here gets colder & colder every year that passes. Thanks for the friendly welcome.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
must be that darn global cooling everyones talkin' about!! oh wait,thats warming ,aint it? LOL...no sign of it here either!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Quantum. You'll know about Ohio weather then, "wait 5 minutes it will change".

Gobucks

GoBucks
Reaction score
Welcome, I too am from Ohio, albeit, new to ponding, unlike yourself. Were do you buy your pond plants from? I am in the Columbus area and there are only a few places that sell a very limited variety and they are not that close to me either.

Reaction score
Great to hear there are a few Ohio neighbors. I go to Green Vista in Enon ,Oh. Not sure how far that is but I am about 40-45 miles north of Columbus. They have a great plant selection, lots of fish & pond displays. Wilson's greenhouse (accross from Longenacers Baskets)also has a small selection, nothing great.

Gobucks

GoBucks
Reaction score
I have been to Wilson's, I have family out that way. I have also gone to Dill's Greenhouse in Groveport. They seem to have the most extensive collection of plants around here, but I like to find other places that have other plants to try.

Ask a Question