Hardiness Zone
13b
images
[/QUOTE]
some one needs nail clipping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
can be your bio filter bacteria must have died and stopped functioning ? so its not treating imbalances of chemicals minerals in pond as before , beside that no plants to consume it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
I just added about 1500 gals. of city water to my pond and now it has turned green within a day.What do I need to do
Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing, give the biofilter a chance to catch up. The bacteria in the biofilter may have died and the nutrients from the dead bacteria could be feeding the algae. Until we know for sure what's in your tap water, we're just guessing. I will say that your city adds phosphates to the water to protect the pipes from chloride corrosion. It's needed to protect people from lead and copper poisoning ala Flint Water Crisis. Florida has some issues with seawater intruding into the aquifers, so your city might have increased the amount of phosphate corrosion inhibitors added to the water to counter the salt.

Ask a Question