Newbeeee here, hi!

SE18

David V
Reaction score
Hi there, I probably have a different setup than most but thought I might find info of some use here and possibly share what I've done.

My first interest was in building garden trains and I wanted a water feature so I ended up building a canal and aqueduct, which is still under construction; as well as a marsh; all using concrete. I love the gardening (aquaculture and horticulture) aspects now as much as the trains and eventually want to install some water plants and some native minnows to N. Va.

Cheers

Dave V

SE18

David V
Reaction score
oh, forgot to mention I have 2 beagles

here's a quick video of my canal prior to the aqueduct installation

[ame]

Reaction score
Welcome to the group.

Very interesting setup you have there. I really like the bridge and the canal; I think some vegetation will really make it shine.

I'll be honest though, the engine driver is a little creepy :(

SE18

David V
Reaction score
thanks; he is sort of fiendish looking character; I got the other end of the canal hooked up to the drain spout so every time it rains the entire system gets fresh water

here;s another quick vid. After the vid was taken the hound chewed up the kayak

[ame]

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard! That is freaking cool! Thanks for sharing! I got to show my wife that video, Or maybe I shouldn't come to think about it, She loves trains, But I could get into more than I bargained for with all that. Very original and cool project!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
trainwelcome.gif
SE18
Wow that is something else.............thought I was at Disneyland there for a moment :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, welcome to the group! Love the set up.

Reaction score
Very nice . I have loved trains and fish ponds for a very long time. Trains as far back as I can remember , pret near 50 years. Fish ponds for about 40 years . Never thought of combining the two . The gears are are turning but can not justify another pond or more trains . Thanks for sharing , great idea .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
jupiter1 said:
Very nice . I have loved trains and fish ponds for a very long time. Trains as far back as I can remember , pret near 50 years. Fish ponds for about 40 years . Never thought of combining the two . The gears are are turning but can not justify another pond or more trains . Thanks for sharing , great idea .

think to scale, HO scale water fall into a lake? Over a tunnel?? down the side of a mountain??? Little fountain pump, a water container, some left over liner..:lol: Oh those whistles ought to be singing now.....LOL:nananananana:
I have a n-scale set I inherted when my brother passed away, been adding to it since I was 15-16 years old and I've never seen it together. probably have 100 cars, engines and cabosses and 300 to scale buildings, people, cars, tress, etc to go with it. One of those hobbies I plan on doing and never do,
Between Collecting NASCAR diecast, ponding and animal care, Racing Rc cars and this stupid pool I want to turn into a pond. I have enough to keep me busy and broke for years to come....LOL

Ask a Question