Newbie to preformed

Reaction score
You're probably right about the connecting of the two ponds with the preformed piece, but I need to be able to get the water from the upper pond to the lower pond. One of the ponds (the one that floated) has a U shape cut in one edge. So I need to make some kind of lip there to channel the water back into the lower pond. Also if I make an outside tote filter then the water leaves the lower pond via the hose enters the tote and then leaves the tote via a hose into the upper pond. Is that correct?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomeballs.gif
marier4him

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've lived here all my life. Don't you miss the rain? Actually we had one of the worst Springs ever that I can remember but sure keeps things green here. What part of Wa. did you live in?

Reaction score
Lol, no I don't miss driving and running errands in the rain, but I do miss the green and the cooler temps. I lived in Bellevue, Snoqualmie, Everett, and Bothel. We used to spend a lot of time camping in Weyerhauser land. I would love an inground pond surrounded by ferns, trilliums, and rhododendrons. We vacationed up there 2 summers ago and my southern born husband fell in love with the state.

Reaction score
hmmm.. appears i said welcome on the other double post...so welcome Marie...Sissy is very good at the concept of making and doing without spending a lot of money( and others here as well) but I think you can make it work, it'll take some trial and error and probably a good amount of silicone or some type of waterproof goop, but the end result should work

Reaction score
Thanks, don't ask. Yeah, I hit submit and it appeared to be frozen for so long that I hit submit again. Should I delete one of them? I think it will work, but as you said with trial and error. I am going to make a mini skippy type of filter behind the raised pond that will outflow to the raised pond which will outflow to the lower pond with the pump. If I can just get DH out there to help me tomorrow in this, lol.

Reaction score
good luck with DH.. hopefully his enthusiasm will grow as yours has...sorry we are half a country away or i'd certainly lend a hand... i think a moderator is the only one who can delete or perhaps join the two posts together

Ask a Question