sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh blessed I did not even see the bear that is neat thanks for pointing it out .How great is that and if I was a predator I would think twice about that bear .ok have to ask what was the blue stuff and what are all the pipes I see in the one pic that looks like a grid

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
Sissy, The blue stuff was our above ground swimming pool. Nobody but me would clean it out so I took it down. Was a hassle to keep clean. So, it became part of my pond as far as protection for my expensive liner. The pipes have little holes that I drilled that my air pump is connected to for areation. It's on a timer so it comes on during the night time for oxygen. Maybe I've gone overboard with all the stuff I have in this hobby. I don't know.
My location pond store is having a 30% off sale on 10/8 and 10/9 and going to bite the bullet and invest in an external pump. Tax returns are going to get me a Bead Filter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well at least the liner did not go to waste and we have several people here who have pool liner ponds .I tried that with my air pump but never seemed to let the air go all around it .I have drilled larger holes in it since and will be using it with my water pump for the winter

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awesome pond build koug and neat idea for a aeration system for you fish. Must look neat too w/ all the bubbles coming up! Do you ever go to Russell WaterGardens over there? I've never been but here it's pretty nice. Maybe that's the one you are talking about w/ the sale?

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
I wander thru there at least 3 times a week just to look at the fishies. They see me and I can just hear them, holy smokes, here he is again.
They are the ones having the 30% off everything in the store. I'm only able to venture in because my daily commute is from Lake Stevens to Redmond to Renton and then back.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think pond stores and nurseries put those fish in there to draw us in and it works. Some supply food for you to purchase to feed them. What a way to not have to pay for fish food for them! I love to watch them at the nursery over at the Plant Farm in Smokey Point.
Enjoy your trip over there and hope you find some good deals. It's quite a long trip over there from here but one of these days I'll get over there even if it's just to look the place over.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
very very nice, do love the bear! and the pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never heard of Falling Water Gardens. Is it over by you? The Plant Farm is just a a plant nursery that just happens to have a fish pond w/ koi and goldfish in it. They don't sell any ponding supplies or fish. I just love looking at them. We have a pond supply place up by us near Mt Vernon. I bought some tubing and other things from them. It's not a huge place or anything tho. Nice pond set up out there to view. They do a lot of installation of water features. http://www.waterfallpondsupply.com/

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
Falling water gardens is in Monroe. Ah ha, I had them bookmarked as Flow Ranger. That's where I got my liner. A bit of a drive but the best price I could find.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wanted to ask is the bear concrete ,I am headed for NJ and pass a place I have bought a lot of concrete stuff from up near Lynchburg VA at concrete world and I'm stopping there because they told me they have raccoons like that

Ask a Question