Reaction score
french.jpgthanks ...
the pipes are both dormant and were clogged. One i didnt know existed until i lifted up the old brinks on the patio and discoverd and old drain underneath. the one on the right was the old gutter drain back when i had a three story patio bumpout that no longer there....now just a deck. the roof gutter is running behind the picture so no water will enter the pond except rain.
Those cast iron pipes are gone now... i cut them 2 feet below but they still would not drain so i dug deeper and yanked out the trap and the line to storm drain ....now its unclogged! and i married up some pvc and made a make shift French drain that will be for any excess water from the gravel under the concrete slab for the pond. That was today's chore..now for some advil and beer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you should wrap that pipe in a silt sleeve to keep out fine dirt .I can see the holes drilled in it and it will clog fast it there is not a silt sleeve over it .You can get them at plumbing supply stores .It is just a fine cloth sleeve that goes over pipes that collect water runoff .They are not expensive but worth it .Lowes and home depot sell them and some garden centers carry them where there retaining wall or drainage pipes are .

Ask a Question