Nice Forum

Reaction score
We built our pond last year and are already wanting to make changes and build a second one. I started posting today and already have answers to some questions, I like this forum.

In reading some posts I am surprised at the size of some ponds people have. Mine is only about 8' x 14' but it fits the location and I like it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
frogpondwelcome2.gif
Nova

Your pond is about the same size as mine. I just have goldfish
poopfish2.gif

Reaction score
I have goldfish and couple 5 koi.

My pond during a hail storm last May.

The bullfrog lives the downspout drain pipe by day and in the pond at night. It is the toads we have problems with. We removed 12 pairs of toads taking to a small lake area. After thinking it was cool to have long strings of toad eggs in the pond only to have them hatch into 300 tadpoles, it not was cool any more.

Attachments

• 100_3738int.jpg
    100_3738int.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 300
  • frog 4int.jpg
    frog 4int.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 241

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love your big frog and your pond and area looks really nice. You definitely need to get some nice plants growing around your pond. It will help keep out the real Mr Heron. I have some fish line attached to poles around mine also cuz heron don't like that stuff. It gets in their way and they don't like their legs messed with running into it.
Here he is trying to sneak in before I added the lower line of fish line. He just ducked under it when I didn't have the lower line.

IMG_1267.jpg

Now I haven't seen him since I added it around the whole pond with two strands of the line :cool:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
welcome to the group....if we cant dazzle you with brilliance we will baffle you with B.S....seriously...theres plenty of ideas and advise here. teach and be taught!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome, you did what I thought would work well jw, lines of fishing line around the pond, rather than over it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep addy and I like the way the fish line doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. It's hardly even noticeable :alieneyesa:

Ask a Question