Have to say, this is a very very nice forum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
In the few months I've been reading, I have to say this is definitely the nicer forum

Love the depth of experience (really impressive), enthusiasm to participate, what's your favourite bits!

Lets hear it for gardenpondforums

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

PS SueTX yoohoo! Am over here!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a nice place, we respect that we all have different ways of doing things.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This is a very easy place to relax and enjoy yourself and not worry that somebody will jump all over you for having an opinion even if they don't agree with it. Glad I found this place also Andy and glad you joined also. There are a lot of neat peeps here
chick-hatch57.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've learned alot from the folks here this past year and there are loads of forums to read on so many subjects it's awesome! Welcome!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This forum is great and the people are awesome! I like that you can share your experiences both good and bad. There is a great deal of respect with one another while at the same time can have some fun with folks. I also like to see people progress and share their pond builds with us, very fun to see it come together.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
It is wonderfull

Something that did amaze me, when visiting atrociously moderated forums, (fortunately not so many) is the spectacle, pantomine of what abnormal folk do, lol

am not big on amateur dramatics, lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We learn from each other and we have fun doing and we try not to be judgemental as we all make tons of mistakes but sharing successes and failures and learning from each one is fun and ponding should be fun and relaxing ooops welcome see told you LOL

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I agree, Andy! This is an easy-going, laid-back kind of forum, with many well-informed and often homourous members. I've learned quite a bit in the four months or so I've been a member, and hope that my own experience has helped others. But always remember: every pond is an individual. What has worked for me will not necessarily work for you. Read, read, read... and then draw your own conclusions! John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
okay, so is this a good forum because it is well moderated? or that people who enjoy ponds are more civilized than what would you find on other forums? and yes, I like it here too but it can get addicting!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
okay, so is this a good forum because it is well moderated? or that people who enjoy ponds are more civilized than what would you find on other forums? and yes, I like it here too but it can get addicting!

We are civilized............of course! We all know there are many ways to make a pond, my way may not be your way, but if it works why be critical.

it can be addicting, but in a good way.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thats really true I have tried so many filter ways and some fail some succeed and you never know until you try it .I love this sight because you can have fun also and still enjoy sharing your pond ideas ,no stuffy talk and no over your head stuff ,just fun ponding people .A little crazy at times but thats what makes it fun and interesting and makes you want to come back .Oh by the way anyone see mogsie on here lately .I thought maybe his wife might have thrown him in the pond .

Reaction score
One thing about it, I am finding that ponds and their owners are unique individuals. This is what makes a forum like this one special. Everyone enjoys wildlife and the outdoors, but each individual creates their own ideal pond in their own fashion, for the most part, and the pond reflects their personality. So, your pond is actually almost a window to your soul. It presents the outward personna of who you are and how you relate with nature and how you percieve yourself to be. I guess it is the part of a person's ego that they can display, through the pond, to show themselves off in a way that simply says, "This is me... This is WHO I AM inside".

Some people buy fancy cars, some people build elaborate sculptures, some people paint pictures.

Pond people create works of art with natural stones, water and fish and plants and all sorts of things related to the natural world.

Each pond is different, unique, because each pond owner is an individual and they are different and unique. It is not really an addiction, it is sincerely a passion. It is a love of what you see in nature and you have a passion to recreate it on a scale that you can fit in your back yard. Just as an artist paints a picture to show what his heart and mind and eyes see, we create a pond to show what our hearts, our minds and our eyes see.

Besides that, it's just a lot of fun to play in the mud! :)

Gordy

Ask a Question