j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh you really think moles or voles or mice or rats will chew into a liner...........don't want to hear that cuz we have plenty of moles here :lol:
Been here for 10 years and never had one do it yet :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh uh knock on wood jw so it doesn't happen .When you say things you ever notice how they come true .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With net searches, most of the answers are no.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I know rats and mice will, that's why I had to rebuild my pond last year. My friend took his pond up to move to his new house and went out this past week and found where something had chewed through two layers of liner ruining a 5' X 10' piece of his 20x25 liner

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm thinking whatever chewed a liner would have to be underground. I've never seen any rats or even mice around here but then we do have 3 cats. Hoping none of them even come near my pond :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Great pics, Fishin! I'm proud to say tonight I have 2 frogs. LOL They are the little guys, similar to the plainer looking brown ones you had pics of. Wish I had some of those leopard or spotted ones! Love that little guy. Glad to hear you back up bullfrogs, as if I get a chance again, I'm going to catch that huge bullfrog living in the ditch across the road from my house and put him in my pond.
Those snake pics were super, too! Such clarity and focus. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm anxious for more creatures to come in time. As Addy says, I'm just beginning, not much planted yet, so in time there will be more nature moving in. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Snakes are welcome at my pond and on my property, as long as they are not water snakes, large ones anyhow. For some reason, I'm afraid of water snakes, I think my big brother always told me a water snake was poisonous, thus the fear. Give me a 5' black snake and I'm fine, though. LOL I actually have a picture of my son when he was maybe 7 laying on the ground next to a black snake that was longer than him, and the same snake being held by my daughter who was 5 or 6. :) Black snakes are good snakes to have around a barn.
And, thankfully, I have no moles at all in my yard, but I believe it must be that I am surrounded by farmed fields, and with the chemicals to kill any and all bugs there, it would take a mole a mile hike to find my property and any food source. Yippee!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well all the water bowls for birds did not work as good as I thought found dead finch in waterfall this evening .Maybe I need a cat LOL

Ask a Question