Night time visitor

Reaction score
Anyone know if red rat snakes are fish eaters?

Attachments

• PONDS 019.jpg
    PONDS 019.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 350
  • PONDS 018.jpg
    PONDS 018.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 384
  • PONDS 016.jpg
    PONDS 016.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 313
Reaction score
That is a beautiful snake. They are extreme excellent climbers. I had a black rat snake climb up the vinyl siding of my house to the vent at the peak of the roof to get at the bats that live there.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Beautiful snake, I wish we had those appear here! no they don't eat fish, they will eat frogs and lizards when small but that is a rodent eater. and bird eater, It's more likely looking for bird nest right now being it's on the fence climbing. That's a good snake, welcome it with open arms.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
don't like snakes never did never will just give me the creeps

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
Beautiful snake, I wish we had those appear here! no they don't eat fish, they will eat frogs and lizards when small but that is a rodent eater. and bird eater, It's more likely looking for bird nest right now being it's on the fence climbing. That's a good snake, welcome it with open arms.

Everything I read on the net said they did, I really like snakes, they are great rodent controllers.

Reaction score
Thanks all. I knew it is not a threat to people , the cats and dogs . Was not sure about fish . We do have banded water snakes in the area and I know their trouble .

Any how I gave it a stearn talk about what is and is not allowed if it wants to visit and let it go about its way .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat, a lot of people would kill and toss no matter if did harm or not.

Hope it listens to your stern talk!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
addy1 said:
Everything I read on the net said they did, I really like snakes, they are great rodent controllers.

You read that they did ....eat fish? I've raised many captive born and breed ones in the petstores and never heard of corn snakes eating fish. But I guess it could be possible, I wouldn't worry much about him, IMO

Reaction score
addy1 said:
Neat, a lot of people would kill and toss no matter if did harm or not.

Hope it listens to your stern talk!

All creatures have a place in this world . I am willimg to share my world with most of them .
There are exceptions . Fire ants , arch enemy number 1 . Roaches , skeeters , mice , rats and the damm grasshoppers that have started to eat my Mandaville vine . There may be others , summer has just begun.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
jupiter1 said:
All creatures have a place in this world . I am willimg to share my world with most of them .
There are exceptions . Fire ants , arch enemy number 1 . Roaches , skeeters , mice , rats and the damm grasshoppers that have started to eat my Mandaville vine . There may be others , summer has just begun.

Add herons, owls, and leave off the grasshoppers and that would be my list too.....

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
STINK BUGS........................HATE THEM We are being invaded, really damaged our apples last year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They invade your house, find them in you dryer, in boxes everywhere. From japan, these ones, it is a real problem here, in the billions in apple loss in the state of maryland. They really come in when it starts to get cold, they sort of hibernate till spring.

They have no predators, release a stink if touched.

Ask a Question