No filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Could you send me a few forum things on here to do with the bog filters?
Here's addy's extensive showcase on bogs:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My ponds are filtered with only a bog. Mine is basic, pea gravel and plants, simple works great. Never have green water , never have a attack of string algae. Easy to care for pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My ponds are filtered with only a bog. Mine is basic, pea gravel and plants, simple works great. Never have green water , never have a attack of string algae. Easy to care for pond.
your pond is a great example of 'mature and in equilibrium'. Like you, I never get string algae (not since the early years), nor green water, and do as you--bog full of plants! And it helps to have a decent size so any minor issues can work themselves out without your intervention all the time. Hopefully people who make their ponds can see it's not hard once established. BUT! Don't we ALL have first year pond stories to tell, hey??? !!! :cool::p:D;)

smiley-tongue-on-icy-pole---Xsml.gif
smiley-sunny-hot.gif

Last edited:

Meg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you show me your bog? What pump do you use for it?

Ask a Question