MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wisconsin encourages mosquito breeding - it's to keep us Illinoisans from crossing the Cheddar Curtain!

lau.gif

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I do know that here in Florida, and I suspect other states as well, that any body of water that will breed mosquitoes must be treated either biologically (fish or mosquito dunks) or mechanically (ample water movement). Failure to do so will result in fines and the possibility of the authorities filling it in. I do not know what the statutes are in Wisconsin, but I would suggest that you investigate.
I would use dunks until it got established but doubt there are any statutes here on that. Our mosquito season is much shorter than yours & tons of natural breeding areas in nature around here. You'll even see souvenirs calling the mosquito our unofficial state bird. Lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I would use dunks until it got established but doubt there are any statutes here on that. Our mosquito season is much shorter than yours & tons of natural breeding areas in nature around here. You'll even see souvenirs calling the mosquito our unofficial state bird. Lol

How depressing. I hate those critters.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So that means you know Majkowski wasn't over the line then?

Ha! What a game! The Bears and Packers have had themselves some great ones over the years. I'm more of a baseball fan myself, but we do still enjoy watching a good football game.

Ask a Question