Not a new pond but changes to my pond I built last year, busy, busy, busy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think I got a good seal. I have been checking regularly since I started it for water loss and wet spots but nothing yet. I used some 2" red toilet gaskets on the inside. I used a 2" ABS female trap door adapter, glued the 2" ABS pipe into the female end, cut the holes in the liner and tank, stuck the threaded side through the hole, used the gasket on the inside then the nut like piece to screw onto the threads. I also used plenty of silcone. I also heated up the 2" ABS pipe with a torch and flattened it a little before glueing it to the adapter so I would have more of a flat flow.

I was going to use the closet flange but looked around at HD until I found the parts I did use.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
pecan...using a closet flange looses too much stocktank capacity. what you did is better. especially on the new style tanks,where a closet flange has to be mounted even lower, and the water starts to exit the filter about 1/2 way down the tank essentially making a 100 gal tank a 50 gal filter. maybe less with the taper on the tank .......well done!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks Koiguy, but I must admit it was reading your thread about the skippy that got me looking for other options. You mentioned on there the flange makes it so you can't use the entire stock tank.

I have learned so many great things on this forum.

Ask a Question