sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wanted to know if any one has ever ordered vinyl plank flooring on line and what have you gone through .Has it been bad or good and would you do it again .I need 580 sq. ft. for my master bedroom and do not want wood floors .I want something easy to maintain and I will install it .I do not want to spend a lot of money on something that may be a nightmare t get it shipped properly .I have limited choices here in VA . the lowes and home depot and carpet places and even lumber liquidators have nothing I like .I want an underpad attached also .I saw some I liked here but they had no underpad attached and I heard that it slips without it and the seams come apart .I know some like addy have ordered it and wanted opinions on it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I ordered some and they canceled the order because they said there was not enough stock ,funny because the sight says over 3 thousand sq. ft in stock .I figured addy but she is busy enjoying her work vacation ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know sometimes the store computers don't always jive w/what they really have in stock. @addy1 will see this eventually or maybe someone else will too.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’ve not ordered it online, and didn’t install it myself, but when we moved into our current home last year, we had some renovation work done. We chose vinyl planks. I watched the installer and it looked very straightforward. Love our floor and it looks like real wood!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I wish they had had the selection of vinyl flooring that they have now when we replaced our floor 12 years ago. We went with a wood look laminate that I like, but it doesn't handle water well at all. Even a tiny spill in the wrong place can cause the floor to bubble.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Lisak1 We had the exact problem about 15 years ago, and while it didn’t bother us, when we got ready to sell the house.... It was a stick-on vinyl. Once the furniture was out of the house it was obvious — bubbling and ripples! It was all cosmetic, but every potential buyer called us out on it. Sorry, but with all the work we put into that house, we didn’t want to replace the flooring! Fortunately, it sold as is. The newer vinyl we had installed in the new house is the floating plank-style. Even if it does get damaged, it will be so much easier to replace single planks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sorry, did not log in much while watching the birds and boats..................

@sissy I have used the vinyl planks a lot but have never ordered them on line. We have picked them up at Lowes, Home depot, lumbar liquidators

Sign up for the Home depot deal of the day. They have flash sales of stuff for just a day. I have ordered the plank flooring that way, it is shipped to the store or right to your home. The colors are usually not what is carried in the store.

The main thing I watch for is the mm of the plank, go for the thicker depth, the real skinny is a pita, the edges do not stay together well.

It is real easy to install, a sharpt box cutter, straight edge, just slice, snap, place.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
HD and Lowes both have flooring on line that they don't have in the store. Different colors etc. You can order and they will ship to store for free.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought my other vinyl plank from lumber liquidators but lowes and home depot do no have the color I want and LB had limited stock on the 1 I wanted .I have laminate that I am taking up and took it up careful and donated it to habitat for humanity ,except for the pieces the installer nailed .If I had been down here when they installed it they would never have gotten away with it .I have a cutter for the vinyl plank and also used a jig saw .Really easy to install .So far done 4 bathrooms ,kitchen and laundry room and it was easy .I got the kind that had a backing on it and want over 5 mil thick .I bought venice beach and beach comber oak

Ask a Question