Now I have fish???!!!

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Not bad for the heron but sad for the fish. Mistake on the part of the lady who put them in there. Not a natural setting, all man made and more advantage for the heron. Maybe any fish left could be given away to somebody who wants to catch them that has a pond that is fish safe.
I don't disagree with what you are saying. My point was the alternative could have been reverting back to a cesspool without proper management and filtration.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In all likelihood the goldfish she added where feeders. Feeders life span once in store anywhere from hours to a day or two. A few months of life free in a pond must be worth something. While pond is not predator proof, sure the goldfish rather to be there then feeder tank in store

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I started w/feeder fish and they are all nice and big now after 15yrs. Course I have a filter and keep the water healthy for them and protect them from critters. Just wish the fish in that pond since they were put in there could be cared for as any other pet would be. Give them a chance somewhere else. Mr Heron can find plenty of wild food out there on his own.

Ask a Question