Now that another “pond season” is winding down....how do you plan to occupy your time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I love cooking and reading by the fire. Currently we're stripping old wall paper and repainting. Want to try to ship lap a wall, haven't done it before but like the look. We're also planning on remodeling the upstairs hall way bathroom.

I still exercise every day and enjoy winter walks. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the break from the pond....but I still have to do the "great koi round up ", which is always an exhausting day. Hubby is closing our pool today....then we'll start raking !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Will still keep riding my bike every day and on days it rains I will try to walk. Foot getting better so starting practice walks. Have dreaded housework to do that I put off in Summer. Should do some painting inside. Check out thrift stores for good junk. Costco trips. Visit friends and relatives. Holiday get together's. Prune fir trees and make more mulch. Collect wood for woodstove, stack it. Do facebook and pond forum posting. Wish to find truck and rv to head south. Hope for snow!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
shiplap is boards put horizontal on walls .It is considered the in thing in homes .I am still trying to get my string trimmer from lowes .This is the 5th agent I talked too .I don't think I will use lowes.com again .Never ever had a problem in the store but online it sucks bad .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had the single one but the double one is a lot better for most of the stuff I do .Plus I need another clamp my old kreg jig is from when they first came out and I won it at a home show in NJ from This Old House when it was Bob Villa and Norm Abrams

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh addy I love the new vinyl click and lock floors and got mine free shipping and no taxes from Indiana 450 sq. ft. of flooring
Neat I have boxes of it stacked up in the basement to redo the floor. It was on clearance at lumbar liquidators. .99 a sq ft. The good thick stuff, bought enough to do the floor and some extra.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Got some bamboo flooring there on clearance, it was just enough for a small room and looks real good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
End....... LOL its been 99% humidity and 90to110 degrees in Houston for the past 3 months. Pond season is just starting back up again for me. I can finally go outside and sit by my pond and enjoy it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
End....... LOL its been 99% humidity and 90to110 degrees in Houston for the past 3 months. Pond season is just starting back up again for me. I can finally go outside and sit by my pond and enjoy it.
Here in NW Louisiana our weather has been similar so I know what you mean! I finally took 1/2 of the shade sails down last week and I can actually stand to be outside long enough to do more than just feed.

Reaction score
Title is self-explanatory...
During the colder season, I spend my time working outside on my land doing the stuff I can't do in the summer due to the heat and getting eaten up by ticks and chiggers if I work in my woods. I spend lots of time tying flies in my workshop while enjoying raising my longear sunfish for next year's addition to the koi pond. It's also the best time for me to enjoy trout fishing the pressure is low in the winter months. Oh ya, and in my spare time I manage to watch just about every football game that is on TV. Other than that, I really don't do much this time of year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought vinyl click from Indiana with free shipping 7.5 mm and a backing on it no taxes and free shipping 1.49 sq ft for the cali brand which sells here for 3.99 sq. ft..My sister took some of it for her laundry room .I will be putting that down but now my sister wants me to build her shelves for the laundry room

Ask a Question