One of life's great mysteries

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Actually, my first guess was 'Canadian'. I thought a bunch of you Texans were trying to string him up!! :eek:
John

Actually not a Texan John. After leaving my original home in South Alabama for the military in 1972 I have lived, worked and been temporarily assigned in numerous countries and all across the United States. After retiring from the military my civilian employer offered me a position in Dallas.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Do you have plants in both ponds Haro? I think it was one or many of those Devils w/wings. Prolly ripping plants off from one spot to another over and over. They like to dip stuff in water. Plants leaves had eggs on them. The devils are rip off artists.
Otherwise it was Snipes!
But I'm thinking the devils
Lou I think you have the wrong dictionary but it's an interesting one.
Scupping up actually sounds rather British to me :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I'm not sure I've ever scupped up, Lou. Have to check my English/Texan dictionary! :rolleyes: And yes, I was aware that you are not a native of the state, but I couldn't resist.
And j.w., I hope you are referring to crows (devils with wings) but you are wrong on that count. I am SO EMBARRASSED!! I was telling my sweety about my miraculous find when it hit me. :facepalm: THE WATER HYACINTHS!!!!! :shame: I pulled them out of the pond because they were looking REALLY ratty, and put them in that tub with an overdose of fertilizer!! :oops: Which had absolutely no effect on the WH, I might add.:arghh: SORRY. I'm going senile!
John

Reaction score
I was just gonna say the eggs hitched a ride on the the WH. Thats always something to keep in mind when buying plants!! Darn how did this large mouth bass get in my pond?????

Ask a Question