Ongoing saga of death

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
Man, I would seriously consider getting your water tested by a private lab, there is little chance your State is going to admit there is anything wrong with the drinking water on a system as large as yours; trust me I drive past the Flint Mi water-pipeline everyday. That pipeline has been finished and waiting for EPA approval since August. The test should include lead, copper, and arsenic. The water system should be adding phosphates to the water to seal off the toxic copper and lead in the pipes, and the amount should increase as the chlorides in the water increase. Considering the state of your depleted state reservoirs, I'd be very suspicious, as in drinking bottled water until your taps are shown safe.

Since the waste water from you RO was going into the pond, anything hoockey with your tap water was concentrated and delivered to your pond!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Something is still off (to me) what you are saying about your system.
It just not making sence
Any water system goes in between the main water supply and the faucet then goes down the drain and to the sewer line.

Unless someone thought it would be a good idea to filter waste water from the filter to the pond, and excuse me but that is a.terrible idea.
For one thing that system would not filter out soap for example.

So if the above is true you could have anything from dish soap to freeze in your pond.

Ruben

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
It's the whole house softener that performs a backwash and the line for that backwash was going into the pond. This was done because the previous owner saw no issue with it. Here are details on the unit which makes a lot fo claims: http://www.pure-earth.com/backwashing-KDF-GAC-whole-house-water-filter.htm Same wiht the RO waste line....some have it run down the drain, others to laundry, etc. Our was going into the pod. Again, the previous owner had no issues and considered it all conservation. I can see why to a degree now I understand just how much water both systems "Waste".

I have diverted both lines now.

BTW, latest update is we lost both fish to predators. So, now we need to next explore netting, chicken wire or some solution to prevent predators. 1 Step forward and 2 back..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I see that you live in the San Diego area. I have a friend and fellow contractor that has a 'brick and mortar' operation-- Koi Depot of San Diego. If you need local assistance, call him and tell him I sent you.

I think I may have setup an appointment with them at one point and being relying on a local family, but I think I'll give them a ring again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
Here are details on the unit which makes a lot fo claims: http://www.pure-earth.com/backwashing-KDF-GAC-whole-house-water-filter.htm Same wiht the RO waste line....some have it run down the drain, others to laundry, etc.
What you posted wasn't really a Reverse Osmosis (RO) unit but a whole house filter, with a back flush for sediment. It also has an activated charcoal element that will not only remove harmful chemicals like lead and copper, but will remove a protective chemical, phosphate ions that keeps your homes plumbing from leaching lead and copper into your tap water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
He probably has both, budgenator, similar to my setup.
Water supply to water softener to ro filter.
The softener and ro both have their own separate waste lines.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Mitch is correct. Seems like a lot of waste for the gains, but I own it all now.
Mitch, I spoke to you friend today. Great chat and I hope he can help me. The more we discussed the deeper it all went. More to come.
Happy New Year everyone - cheers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Lol, I did get it "right", was just confused earlier.

Ask a Question