Online aquatic plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Some garden nurseries sell pond plants. We have one here that does. By the time I got there to get them, they were looking pretty sad and were 25% off. After a few days in the pond, they have perked up and are looking good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
mrsclem said:
I was lucky and got to Lowes the day they got their pond plants in. I got a couple of plants for my bog. The last 2 years I have gotten an umbrella palm or dwarf papayrus from them. Tiny when I got them 4-6" but by late summer these things grew to 3-4'! Its a shame I can't get them to winter over.

You can bring them indoors and plant them in a pot with soil for the winter. Next Spring, rinse the dirt off the roots and place them back in the pond. I have carnivorous plants that I float in the pond. I bring them indoors for the winter. When the water temp reaches 70* the next Spring, back to the pond they go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
mrsclem said:
I was lucky and got to Lowes the day they got their pond plants in. I got a couple of plants for my bog. The last 2 years I have gotten an umbrella palm or dwarf papayrus from them. Tiny when I got them 4-6" but by late summer these things grew to 3-4'! Its a shame I can't get them to winter over.

You can bring them indoors and plant them in a pot with soil for the winter. Next Spring, rinse the dirt off the roots and place them back in the pond. I have carnivorous plants that I float in the pond. I bring them indoors for the winter. When the water temp reaches 70* the next Spring, back to the pond they go.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bring a lot of plants in for the winter, even some ornamental grasses. Hate watching them die, have a basement with a walkout door that gives them light.

(if i put any more plants in our sun room we won't fit)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bring a lot of plants in for the winter, even some ornamental grasses. Hate watching them die, have a basement with a walkout door that gives them light.

(if i put any more plants in our sun room we won't fit)

Ask a Question