Oops... 2 New koi headed my way!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
OMGOSH!!! THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The first is my favorite, so different. But I love the second one too. Good choices! please post updates on these beauties as they grow.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What is the second one, C-Note? Love the markings on the first one, very unique! And the second one with the white head, and all white fins, that baby is going to be outstanding in the pond, stand out in the crowd! I agree with Betta, always fun to blame someone else when you buy fish. Yep, that's the way to do it! Especially someone across the Big Pond! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What is the second one, C-Note? Love the markings on the first one, very unique! And the second one with the white head, and all white fins, that baby is going to be outstanding in the pond, stand out in the crowd! I agree with Betta, always fun to blame someone else when you buy fish. Yep, that's the way to do it! Especially someone across the Big Pond! ;)
I have a feeling that the second koi is most probably a Kujaku Country Escape ;)
Cnote I like the ochiba but it's a little lacking on that beautiful reddy brown ghat goes to make the ochiba :cool:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Yes, @Dave54 is correct. That's a Kujaku. Went for 2 varieties we don't have yet. I'm excited like a kid at Christmas for their Thursday arrival!!!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
OMGOSH!!! THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The first is my favorite, so different. But I love the second one too. Good choices! please post updates on these beauties as they grow.

Thanks @Priscilla !! I'm equally as excited. I'll try to get some good photos posted once they are here in the pond. Probably won't be as good as their "profile pics" here... but I'll try!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are beautiful c-note, I know nothing about koi, being a goldfish junkie, I just look for pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
They are beautiful c-note, I know nothing about koi, being a goldfish junkie, I just look for pretty!
It's all about beauty, @addy1 ! And my one Shubunkin amongst koi is a total rockstar of the pond. So big and beautiful! Delightfully speckled, and tail for days. Love my goldfish!! I also have a serious Ryukin passion, but quit keeping them. It's not easy to keep them ALL happy in one habitat, so I narrowed my focus.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love my shubunkin's! Really enjoy seeing all the different colors that come out when they start making kids, all different varieties.

Ad

Advertisements

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
an ochiba, chagoi, and/or soragoi, are a great addition to a pond. fast growing and get large.. they are also like the pond leaders.. social, friendly, and bravest of koi... they will soon eat from your hand and the others will follow.

Reaction score
Thanks @Priscilla !! I'm equally as excited. I'll try to get some good photos posted once they are here in the pond. Probably won't be as good as their "profile pics" here... but I'll try!
I two just ended up with two new fish. Not beauties like you posted, but two koi from the pet store here were missing an eye each, they had been in the koi tank for 6 months or so. The guys asked me to take them (for free). These now make 4 one eye koi in my pond. I'm like the over crowded humane society. Green water and all :( Oh well! They have a nice big home, the water is testing good and an expansion is planned this year when it cools down. I'll have to add another 1000 galls or so (don't tell the hubby!).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
an ochiba, chagoi, and/or soragoi, are a great addition to a pond. fast growing and get large.. they are also like the pond leaders.. social, friendly, and bravest of koi... they will soon eat from your hand and the others will follow.
Yes koi guy I have to agree with you there the Ochiba , Chagio and /or soragoi are noted for their size and how fast they attain it , they are noted for being the most social and friendly of koi the peace makers of the pond and show leadership:pompous: in that what they do the other koi follow .
However we arent sure teaching to hand feed is a good idea especially if your area is noted for preditors :eek:

C note as much as you want them in the pond I'd not be tempted to add them to the pond Cnote until they are QT'd , you dont know
if your introducing anything to the pond otherwise which is exactly what we dont want my friend .
Talk about exited , I dont know about you but we are , photo's when they arrive please .Ta :happy:

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@Dave 54 the great part is... They QT each fish for 14 days before posting them for sale. They monitor individually for any health issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
And... Photos for sure when they arrive!

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question