Oops... 2 New koi headed my way!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
wow, beautiful fish, congratz!! And I know the impulse so well....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
ARRIVED!!!! They appear to be in good condition. The Ochiba is a bit stressed out, a little jumpy. That's normal after flying across the country I suppose. I get that way too. :D

new 1.JPG new 2.JPG new 3.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@Tula the ochiba is the one that has a netted, silver appearance all over, with just the orange marking on the head and pectoral fin. The Kujaku is the strikingly white with the gin-rin (Sparkly) orange scales on its body.

Thanks @addy1 !!

Reaction score
They are just gorgeous! I just love the Kujaku. It doesn't even look real. So regal. Congrats on the fish.

@ZmanArt007 one of the fish (from the first two I got) is less shy these days. I find them extra skittish, I guess the blind side is difficult. If I am lucky enough to snap a picture I will post it. Amazingly the side with the missing eye looks totally clean, no weird hole or not yucky, it just sealed up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
ARRIVED!!!! They appear to be in good condition. The Ochiba is a bit stressed out, a little jumpy. That's normal after flying across the country I suppose. I get that way too. :D

View attachment 81620 View attachment 81621 View attachment 81622
Give them time to settle down remember CNote they have flown across country they have landed in water that to them is completely alien in that it doesnt smell or taste right to them, everything is different !!!.... .
With a little TLC in QT the Ochiba should settle , compairing my two Ochibas the one in residence is perfect the new arrival is slightly stressed out but as it gets used to everything the fish will settle colour wise .

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Okay... I'm prepared for the onslaught of scoldings, but trust me--I'm aware of the risks and made my own choice. Into the pond they went! They adjusted to become part of the "family" immediately, eating well, and I swear they are already growing!

fish1.jpeg
fish2.JPG
fish3.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
No scolding from me either but I just want to say that I hope all goes well. I had to learn the hard way about adding fish to my already established and healthy stock without quarantine first. I lost some of my most favorite fish because I added a fish to one of my tanks that I *thought* was healthy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No scolding from me either but I just want to say that I hope all goes well. I had to learn the hard way about adding fish to my already established and healthy stock without quarantine first. I lost some of my most favorite fish because I added a fish to one of my tanks that I *thought* was healthy.
Carrie a big tut, tut, from me girl its not worth the risk take heed of Maria's sad tale it can does and will happen breaking QT isnt worth the risk

Dave

Ask a Question