j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful! It's so quiet there I can hear the crickets and the nice sound of your falls.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow that is nice! great job, very beautiful

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow! Looks awesome! Can't believe you built it so fast, that's impressive!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks for all the positive comments. We really got to enjoy the pond and the fish this past weekend. I installed a UV light Friday night and by Sunday, we could see the bottom. We also added lilly pads Friday night. Monday I actually sat and watched the bloom open and the fish eat bugs. So, cool!
Thanks Again!
icewaterdon

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It seems to be evolving as time passes. Here is the latest.

Attachments

• Picture 282.jpg
    Picture 282.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 210
Reaction score
I started around the same time, I don't think I was even done digging by June. Well done, and beautiful results.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had a little trouble with string algea, but have since got it under control. I also jump started the header pond and bought 4 more bundles of water celery. All the water is now flowing through some well established roots and the bio filter.
We are very happy with the results and are really enjoying the pond. I just wish it was a little cooler. We are in central ohio and experiencing a mild drought. 101 degree for tomorrow. That might be normal for some of you, but on the high side for Ohio.
I did not install a skimmer when I built the pond. I with I would have now. It's not real bad, just need a little skimming action.
So, I bought a Oase SwimSkim 25. It skims and adds oxegyn at the same time. We'll see how well it works.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hello, Here is an update on the Oase SwimSkim 25. Very simple to assemble. Took all of 2 minutes. I then put it in the pond. Totally submersed it and then plugged it in. The results are amazing. Within 1 hour, the top surface was 100% clear and a few hours later, the rest of the pond was almost free of floating material. It did spook the fish a little, But I am sure that they will get used to it soon.
I would highly recommend this for those whom do not already have a skimmer. I still wish I would have installed a permanent skimmer. But you live and learn.
Have a great day!
icewaterdon

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Icewaterdon where did you purchase your skimmer from? We didn't install a skimmer and so far have had not really had a need for one. I've tried to search for the skimmer you have, but not having any luck.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I bought the skimmer from pondusa.com
I ordered it on Sunday and had it in my pond by Wednesday night. FAST shipping!
I did not think I needed a skimmer. However, I am amazed at the difference it has made. It also oxygenates the water as well.
I would highly recommend this skimmer over others of similar fashion for the oxygen feature that others do not have. It really cleaned my pond up.
It pumps 580 gph. I did tie a string to mine to keep it somewhat in the same spot.
Hope this heps!

Ask a Question