oxygen test

rdk

Reaction score
I bought a Red Sea oxygen test kit. It has four chemical that you add to get a blue color. You have to count the number of drops to get this blue color. What number of drops is a good oxygen level for the pond and what number of drops is a poor oxygen level. Thank you.

Reaction score
What was the purpose of buying this test?

I can't help you here, as I've never used one of these tests. Just curious why you got one.

Not sure if anyone here has used one of these who can help you....

rdk

Reaction score
I wanted to know if I have enough oxygen for the fish. I thought pond people use it. No clue how to read it.

Reaction score
LOL! If your water parameters are good, you do water changes, and you've got an air stone/waterfall, you don't need to be worried about oxygen. You'll just know all is well. I think you'll find that most of us do not use tests such as these...

Funny, but I don't ever worry or even think about oxygen...I know I'm well aerated, so I just don't have to think about stuff like that.

Save your pennies for a water quality test kit, rdk, The other kinda stuff is just unecessary or for perhaps for pond keepers of fish that have prize winning koi. I've really not come across someone who uses something like an oxygen test....

Reaction score
i would just try to get them to take back the test and explain to them why you need your money back. LOL!

I guess I became the wiseguy, Oldmarine!

rdk

Reaction score
I am happy this is not something I should worry about. I already opened and used it so I can not return it. My fish love to swim deep so that should tell me something. Maybe DoDad would know something about this test. RDK

Ask a Question