Paging Sissy...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Sissy, I have been trying your quilt batting filter but I have a question. How often should I clean my media? I started it maybe Tuesday last week, and I have seen a difference in my water, so thanks to you for that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wash mine every 2 days .I hose it off and soak it in a bucket of peroxide and water then hang it in the sun to dry .I usually have a piece to replace it while I clean one .Your welcome but I saw filter floss in fish tanks and learned a lot on here

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my batting in the crate on top of my filter tonight .I added a new piece today as the old stuff after 2 years is falling apart so i put it out for the birds

Attachments

• pond 2014 015.JPG
    pond 2014 015.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 261
  • pond 2014 018.JPG
    pond 2014 018.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 209
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I changed mine today, I have it in my weir and I can see where I need to clean/swap it out every 2 days or so. I wish now I had taken a pic of it, you all would got a big ol' lol out of it, to say it was full would be an understatement, ha. Thanks for the great advice.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I change mine every few days when it starts to overflow. I'm just leaving mine running forever as it really helps keep the water clear. Sometimes I find the nice white batting that comes in thick sheets in some old upholstery couch pillows and I really found some good stuff when the seat on my old lawn swing gave out. The flat batting was great! Just hosed it off really well and good to go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I might have a gold mine for the batting JW there's an upholstery shop next to my work and they are always throwing out the stuff, so I'll be keeping an eye out now that I have a use for it. (y)

Ask a Question