Patio Ponds & Aquarium Heaters

Reaction score
As I said, I assume there are. The forums I read who used elements out of water heaters said things like DIY being cheaper. Can't be a huge market for 35 gal pond heaters.

Well the patio pond kits are coming out in all the stores. they are really neat. Lowes carries a really great one. It even has windows half way down the sidewalls that so you can view the fish underwater. The big pond I use to have I finally gave the fish away and filled it in because I could not keep the snakes out of it. I had a PILE of them...with a patio pond, no snakes and its easy to cover with netting. What is DIY? Lost me on that one. lol

Reaction score
Kathy if you can't find a continuous outdoor heater...which may or may not get costly running all winter... you might be able to try and insulate the outside on pond with dirt, burlap, or something similar and then wrapping the whole thing in say plastic sheeting to keep from getting wet... keeping it dry and not wet will better help with insulating.. not sure how feasible, kinda grasping at straws here

Ask a Question